Holmlands are looking for a new team member to join our vibrant start up business to work across a broad range of client accounts aligned with the adventure sports industry. The candidate will also work across our events series which includes a national ski film tour, international screening events and our London based film festival.
This role will suit someone with a hard working can do work ethic; a passion for adventure sports; a love of film and an eagerness to develop and implement new and innovative PR programmes.
Candidates will understand the scope and context of integrated marketing and PR programs; drive monthly reporting for all campaigns; and, drive activities to successful completion. Candidates should also hold a strong media contacts book and have a proven track record of delivering successful media and social media campaigns. The candidate will clearly understand and articulate what opportunities each integrated marketing channel brings to the client challenge and work to execute against the program’s deliverables. A successful candidate will have minimal guidance on day-to-day activities and will be self-disciplined, supporting the senior management team. The candidate will comprehend social media and digital marketing initiatives and can successfully manage program execution and day-to-day implementation.
This role is for an initial three month period, leading to a possible full time position.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
* Creating monthly work plans and strategies for multiple clients, to increase coverage across traditional and social platforms * Ownership of specific projects / PR campaigns * Proactive and reactive media relations with UK & international press * Adventure sports industry communications * Overseeing monthly report compiling and valuation of cuttings * Reviewing and editing of press release and newsletter writing * Support on client events and Holmlands own events * New business development and pitching
You must have:
* Experience working across consumer PR campaigns and running events * A solid network of key contacts within the sports, travel and lifestyle media, on and off-line
* Demonstrate excellent judgement and ability to solve problems * Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment * Strong writing and communicating abilities
* Creative, strategic thinker
* Strong attention to detail * Confidence in speaking and presenting in public
* An excellent telephone manner * Willingness to work outside normal business hours with promotional activities, networking and events * Experience in working in an agency environment, running multiple tasks in a dynamic and pressurised environment
* Knowledge of the adventure sports industry would be a distinct advantage, but not essential * A valid work permit for the UK / be a UK citizen * A full, current UK driving license not essential, but preferred * Documents proving you are eligible to work in the UK